Eight teams join Arsenal Innovation Lab powered by Yolo Group
The Arsenal Innovation Lab powered by Yolo Group has selected eight teams to participate in the 2022 edition of the initiative.
The selected teams will now take part in a 7-week programme with Arsenal to determine how they can bring innovative ideas that create new opportunities for our fans around the world.
“The applicant pool and the pitches we reviewed for this year’s Innovation Lab were impressive. We’re looking forward to working with the eight selected startups as they progress through the programme. We’re always looking for new and innovative ways to engage with our hundreds of millions of fans around the world and we’re excited to see how our fans will benefit from the ideas coming out of this initiative,” said Juliet Slot, Chief Commercial Officer at Arsenal.
The Arsenal Innovation Lab powered by Yolo Group is aimed at tech startups focusing on fan experience and embodies the club’s ambition to remain at the forefront of the game, on and off the pitch.
“We’re thrilled to have put together a programme that pushes the participants to truly redefine the fan experience for current and future Arsenal fans. On top of that, these ideas can lead to an ongoing collaboration with the club as well as an opportunity for investment and prize pool,” said Tim Heath, GP at Yolo Investments.
The eight teams selected for the programme are all focused on enhancing the Arsenal fan experience, whether at the Emirates Stadium or around the globe. They are:
- Endava Berlin GmbH - Combining video and data to provide a more insightful viewing experience for fans
- Forza Insider - Providing more opportunities for fans to interact with Arsenal digital channels through online games and virtual experiences
- Live Tech Games - Creating an online gaming community, Arsenal fans can supplement the gameday experience with their own prize-yielding mobile games.
- Moonberries - An online craft drink making experience enabling Arsenal fans to create their own Arsenal inspired drinks.
- Salsa Sound Ltd. - Enhancing the fan experience through sound. Whether a fan is watching a game at home in Islington or half-way around the world, it will sound like they’re at the Emirates Stadium.
- Sodyo Ltd. - Using scanning technology to provide Arsenal fans with new digital experiences and information
- Valorafutbol - Creating a one-stop-shop for online Arsenal engagement through offerings such as streaming, games, statistics, and rankings
- Versus Africa - Will provide unique insights into the African market, helping Arsenal improve it’s digital offering to fans in the region
Yolo Group is the managing partner for the programme. The Group is a leader in the cross-section of gaming, fintech, and blockchain. Their Sportsbet.io brand is an Official Partner of Arsenal Football Club and last season they introduced an augmented reality matchday programme to fans.
For more information and to follow along with the innovation: